"Harpmaking Made Simple" Plans Book for 22, 29, & 36 String Harps
John Kovac Harps by Davy C
Precio de venta
This is the classic, must-have John Kovac DIY harp-making book.
Using this plan book, you can make your own 22, 29, & 36 String Kovac Paraguayan-style Folk Harps!
Includes full-sized cut-out templates with instructions & specifications for each harp!
Shown are John Kovac Harps you can make with his plan book:
(John Kovac with his Paraguayan Style Folk Harp Creations)
"John Kovac's approach to harp making is direct, cheerful, and simple... Building a harp of his design doesn't require a lot of time or woodworking skills. The brilliant sound of these harps rivals the best that can be found." - John Lozier, Harper, and Harpmaker - https://www.harpingforharmony.org/
"John Kovac's gift is his ability to simplify harp making; making the construction of this most difficult instrument a possibility for many more people." - James Jones, Master Luthier - https://www.jamesjonesinstruments.com/
In this historic, "HMS" book:
- If you know how to use a drill press, circular saw, jigsaw, router, and optional power sander, you can make your own harp from scratch in about a week or so for the largest harp. Smaller harps may take a bit less time.
- Plans are included for the Paraguayan-style of the folk harp which is known for its ease of play with a bit narrower string spacing with light to moderate tension and lighter weight & overall smaller sizes compared with similar stringed, Celtic folk harps. And, most importantly, these harps' musical tones offer clear treble with firm bass.
- Plans include detailed, step-by-step instructions, lists of materials and size specifications, etc., harp history and some harp-making techniques & discussion, etc.
- Plans include pull-out full-size pages of templates for each size of harp (22, 29, & 36 Strings). Pages will need to be pulled or cut out and some taped together. (Some easy adjustments to the linear lineup of the component templates will be necessary for better accuracy.)
- Relative measurements are included so you don't have to rely on just the templates.
- Large 8 x 14-inch book printed in black & white.
- The book includes pictures of the harp-making process and shared photo examples of harps made by others who have followed this book.
- The book also includes the alternative dowel assemble supplement template for the 36 String model written in John Kovac's original notes & diagrams.
Sample pages from the book:
See our Harp Resources pages for more resources
Please take note: John Kovac's engineered string sizes were changed after publishing his various plans & Harpmaking Made Simple book (HMS), etc. We now only specify the updated string sizes recommended by traditional Paraguayan harp makers from South America.
So, please, ignore the obsolete string dimensions in the HMS book. In our Harp Resources pages, we list the correct sizes.
If you make a mistake on your harp, even if not caused by us, please, notify us right away and we will see how we can help you to complete your harp anyway. You never know how we might be able to help you, which is our goal; for you to be successful in your harp building & playing! We won't abandon you in your harp-building process after the purchase, either. Let's work together!