About Shipping & Handling
We use the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) exclusively when shipping our products straight to you. USPS has notified us of two rate increases that affect our cost of shipping & handling:
- USPS Priority Mail service will increase 5.5% starting January 22, 2023.
- USPS First Class Package will increase 7.8% starting at the same date.
- However, we are in partnership with Shopify's web hosting and as a result, they provide us with discounted shipping and insurance which large savings we pass directly onto you.
- Please Note: All purchases outside of the U.S.A. will no longer be accepted at this time due to 1) Various pathogen waves of panic; 2) Rapidly increasing shipping costs & uncertainties; 3) Worldwide import/export limitations & restrictions; 4) Uncertain export tax liabilities & fees, etc.
- Products are normally shipped up to 48 hours (2 Days, if before Noon) after being ordered & are shipped on regular business days, Monday to Friday, excluding holidays & weekends. (Though, some orders may ship on Saturday mornings, if they come in after 12 noon on Fridays or Thursdays if Friday is a holiday.)
- It is less expensive for you if we add shipping separately for each complete order instead of hiding it within increased prices for each & every one of our products while making the bogus claim you are getting "free" shipping & handling. No Carrier ships for free!
- Please, be aware Black Friday, Christmas Season, weather-related emergencies & various man-made disasters often delay deliveries; often without notice to us or you. JK Harps accept no liabilities for such delays which are always beyond our own control.
- REMINDER: String Tuning Mechanisms & Wound Bass Strings may have a back-order delay in shipping of approximately two or three weeks due to their custom nature.
- When any delayed orders finally ship, you will be immediately notified by routine email.
- All orders will be tracked and you can be updated, via carrier email, if you choose, as the process goes along.
- All orders are fully insured per standard carrier insurance services.
- All shipping & handling will include standard fees for shipping materials & order handling.
- All standard, routine orders will go out via USPS Best Rates including Priority.
- Pre-built harps will ship via UPS Ground Service including a Special Delivery Harp flat fee.
- UPS cannot use P.O. Boxes, etc., for delivery. A street address is required to be delivered to your home or business location.
- All harp deliveries will require a signature upon receiving. No signature; no delivery.
- You must check your delivery for any damage immediately upon its arrival in the unlikely event of any shipping damage done to the product caused by the 3rd party, the delivery carrier. Take pictures, if possible, and notify the Carrier & us immediately of any damages to the product(s). (Within 24 hours or less.) John Kovac Harps by Davy C (David J Clark, Agent) will not be held responsible for damage done in transit. Claims will be made to the shipping carrier immediately in such cases. If you fail to notify us and the carrier in a timely manner and the claim gets rejected, you may forfeit your right to a free product exchange & would subsequently be stuck with the damaged product.
Photo Credit: Matthew Henry