Complete Replacement String Sets for all Kovac Harps.
Our strings are superior Dupont Brand Tynex Nylon, custom created & polished specifically for harp strings.
What you receive:
- All traditionally Kovac-specified strings for your Kovac harp.
- Treble Strings: Nylon monofilament strings.
- Bass Strings: Nylon Wound (Wrapped) over a Nylon Core.
- Bass strings are pre-installed with leather pads & knots.
- Default string colors are Red Cs/Blue Fs.
- Optional Blue Cs/Red Fs are available for the 29 & 36 string harps only.
Choose the correct Kovac harp string Note, for each series of harps, from the pull-down menu on the product listings above.
If you are uncertain of your string's specifications, follow the string size listings in your harp instructions or email us for help identifying your correct string at Contact Us.
REMINDER: Bass strings may have a back-order delay in shipping of approximately two or three weeks due to their custom-made nature. If back-ordered, the whole set will be held & will ship once any back-ordered strings become available.
Please take note: John Kovac's engineered string sizes were changed after publishing his various plans & Harpmaking Made Simple book (HMS), etc. We now supply the updated string sizes recommended by traditional Paraguayan harp makers from South America.
So, please, ignore the obsolete string dimensions in the HMS book. Our string kits now contain the maker-recommended sizes.
(If you desire to use the sizes of the original strings, while we won't provide them, it is recommended you provide the string specifications to your other harp string maker for them to reproduce the original string parameters.)
We also send new-sized grommets meant to match the adjusted string parameters.
Go to Harp Resources Page.
- Please Note: Only purchases within the U.S.A. are accepted at this time. No exceptions.
- Products are normally shipped up to 48 hours (2 Days, if before Noon) after being ordered & are shipped on regular business days, Monday to Friday, excluding holidays & weekends. (Though, some orders may ship on Saturday mornings, if they come in after 12 noon on Fridays or Thursdays if Friday is a holiday.)
- All orders, except Pre-Built Harps will go out via the lowest U.S.P.S. Best Rates for the Fastest delivery, including but not limited to U.S.P.S. Priority Mail. (Includes U.S.P.S. First Class Letter or First Class Package Services.)
- It is less expensive for you if we add shipping separately for each complete order instead of hiding it within increased prices for each & every one of our products while making the bogus claim you are getting "free" shipping & handling. No Carrier ships for free!
- Please, be aware Black Friday, Christmas Season, weather-related emergencies & various man-made disasters often delay deliveries; often without notice to us or you. JK Harps accept no liabilities for such delays which are always beyond our own control.
- REMINDER: String Tuning Mechanisms & Wound Bass Strings may have a back-order delay in shipping of approximately from two (2) to three (3) weeks due to their custom nature.
- When any delayed orders finally ship, you will be immediately notified by routine email.
- All orders will be tracked and you can be updated, via carrier email, if you choose, as the process goes along.
- All orders are fully insured per standard carrier insurance services.
- All shipping & handling will include standard fees for shipping materials & order handling.
- A viable shipping address is required and we are not responsible for orders not deliverable at your end.
- Any orders over $100 will require a delivery signature at the address you provided for shipment receiving.
- Pre-built harps will ship via UPS Ground Service including a Special Delivery Harp flat fee.
- UPS cannot use P.O. Boxes, etc., for delivery. A street address is required to be delivered to your home or business location.
- All harp deliveries will require a signature upon receiving. No signature; no delivery.
DAMAGE to SHIPMENT
- You must check your delivery for any damage or loss immediately upon its arrival in the unlikely event of any shipping issues with the product caused by the 3rd party, the delivery carrier.
- Take pictures, if possible, and notify the Carrier immediately of any damages to or missing order(s). (Within 24 hours or less.) John Kovac Harps by Davy C (David J Clark, Agent) will not be held responsible for damage to or losses of orders done while in transit. Claims will be made to the shipping carrier immediately in such cases. (But, inform us also to keep us in the loop if anything might be done on our end.)
- If you fail to notify the carrier in a timely manner and the claim gets rejected, you may forfeit your right to redress with the shipping carrier.
- For clarification, but not in all cases, once you make a claim with your delivering shipment carrier, and they approve your claim & finally pay your for your loss or damages, then you will forward us that payment. Once cleared with our financial institution, then we will immediately ship out to you a replacement order(s).
Photo Credit: Matthew Henry