"PVC Musical Instruments & How to Make Them" Plan Book Includes Free CD
John Kovac Harps by Davy C
Precio habitual $30.00
- Slide Guitar
- and 12 more... (see below)
Included designs are based on the following criteria:
- The PVC parts should be readily available from any large or small hardware store.
- Harp strings & tuners are readily available from here or any local music store.
- Non-harp strings should be easily obtained from local music stores.
- Should be inexpensive & easy to make in a short time.
- Can be made with ordinary household tools.
- Should all be fun and easy to play.
See independent article here for John's PVC instruments.
The Book contains how to make instructions for instruments from 4 classifications of types of instruments:
- Violincello (Cello)
- Slide Guitar
- Talking Drone
- Gut Bucket (Bumbass)
- Slide Flute
- Udu (Nigerian Talking Drum)
- Bull Roarer
- Mirliton (Kazoo)
- Cuica (Brazilian Friction Drum)
- Rhurtrummel (German Stir Drum)
- Rain Stick
- Nail Violin
* We can provide you with hardware and strings to build the PVC harp found in the book. Go to Strings & Hardware kit.
The other stringed instruments' strings & hardware can be easily found in your local music & hardware stores.
- Also, see our Resources pages for more resources.
Sample pages from the plan book:
This CD, "East Coast PVC Band" is included for free with each book. This CD contains recordings of music made with all the PVC instruments illustrated in this PVC book.
Moliendo Cafe, Pachelbel's Canon, The Mocking Bird, Fanny Power, Magic Flute, Farther Along/Just As I Am, Cielito Lindo, Sheebeg & Sheemore, Danny Boy, & Amazing Grace; Tracks 28 - 32 are tuning references for some of the PVC instruments being made.
Also, see John Kovac's Solo CD, "Pipe Dreams" as performed on his own PVC Piper Harp creation, available by separate purchase.
Also, see John Kovac's latest CD, "John Plays His PVC Piper Harp", available by separate purchase.
Note: This book is offered in its as-is, original & historic format. Some easy, linear extrapolation of the templates may be required at a few points. See our notice here.
Go to Harp Resources Page
Happy Creek Press, Virginia, USA